The Integrated Foodborne Outbreak Response and Management (InFORM) meeting will bring together laboratorians, epidemiologists and environmental health specialists involved with foodborne and enteric disease outbreak response. Issues discussed will include surveillance and outbreak detection of enteric diseases, with a focus on those caused by contaminated foods, water and animals. This meeting will be held at the Hyatt Regency hotel from November 18-21, 2013. Combined sessions and discipline-specific sessions are planned in addition to a keynote session and poster session over the course of the meeting.
- Public Health laboratory personnel who are part of the PulseNet Network or are interested in standardized PFGE subtyping of enteric pathogens
- PulseNet participants from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and the U.S. Department of Agriculture/Food Safety and Inspection Service and Agricultural Research Service
- Laboratory personnel from International Public Health Agencies who are interested in learning more about PulseNet or participating in PulseNet
- Epidemiologists who work with data supplied by PulseNet Laboratories and investigate local or multistate outbreaks of enteric pathogens such as E. coli, Salmonella sp and Listeria sp
- Environmental Health specialists who have the responsibility for foodborne illness outbreak investigations at local, state, tribal or federal agencies or departments
We are still planning to hold the InFORM 2013 Conference in San Antonio, TX from November 18-21, 2013. Due to the current federal shutdown we are working on contingincy plans in the event some participants from the federal agencies are unable to travel to the meeting. Please go ahead and register for the conference below. Additionally, we are aware that the Hyatt is fully booked during the conference. A list of nearby hotels is posted below and on the CDC PulseNet/OutbreakNet Sharepoint sites.
Laboratory personnel from laboratories that have ELC or EIP funding and PulseNet Area Laboratories are expected to use those funds for travel expenses for this meeting. Additionally it is expected that ELC funds should be used to travel foodborne epidemiologists to this meeting, if deemed appropriate by the state. Very limited funds are available to travel public health laboratory personnel not funded through ELC/EIP. Anyone seeking funding assistance must complete the travel award application and return it to Kristy Kubota by September 20, 2013. APHL will facilitate the travel award process in cooperation with CDC staff. Announcements of travel awards will be made by September 27, 2013 to allow sufficient time to make air & hotel arrangements.
Epidemiology staff should contact their ELC PI for a letter of support, if needed.
Environmental Health staff-please contact Ginny Coyle at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on attending this conference.
Letters of Support for Travel: If you are an ELC grantee and need a letter to support a travel request to attend the InFORM 2013 conference, please work with your ELC Principal Investigator.
Registration Fee: $175.00 - Conference; $75.00 - One Day
Registration must be done online unless you are paying by check. Payment may be made by check or credit card.
Registration for this meeting has been extended to Nov. 6.
This meeting will take place in the Hyatt Regency San Antonio Hotel. Our conference room block has expired. There is a list of nearby hotels at the bottom of the links below.
As detailed information becomes available we will update this page and activate the appropriate links below.