The Healthiest Lab Award is generously sponsored by APHL Diamond Level Sustaining Member,
The Healthiest Laboratory Award celebrates excellence in environmental stewardship and health promotion in both practice and policy. It recognizes APHL member laboratories demonstrating outstanding efforts to reduce their collective environmental impact and to promote health and wellness programs. Winning laboratories receive the option of choosing from a suite of laboratory-related prizes associated with environmental sustainability and health promotion.
Formal recognition for this award will take place at the virtual awards show during the APHL Annual Conference.
Each year, the first place winner of the Healthiest Laboratory Award will be reimbursed up to $1,500 towards one or more of the following prizes:
- Purchase or repair of fitness equipment
- Funding mass transit passes for employees
- Funding recycling program
- Purchasing trees/greenery for around the lab or starting a small garden
- A health and wellness expo for lab employees
- Other green purchase to be approved by APHL
Prizes must first be approved by APHL.
Healthiest Laboratory Award Selection Process
- During the nomination period, all APHL member laboratories are encouraged to complete the Healthiest Laboratory Self-Assessment Survey.Progress can be saved and revisited at a later date. Submission of the survey is final, so please review your responses carefully before submitting.
- Laboratories are eligible to receive the award only once every three years.
- Winners are chosen based solely on their survey responses.