The Public Health Need for ETOR
The United States depends on public health laboratories to conduct critical tests to keep our country safe from environmental contaminants, food-borne illnesses and emerging threats. For maximum effectiveness, public health laboratories need both accurate data and quick, efficient turnaround times for test results.
The coronavirus pandemic underscored the importance of electronic test orders and results (ETOR) for effective tracking, faster outbreak and public health emergency responses, and early interventions.
Keep reading or contact
firstname.lastname@example.org today to learn more about how an ETOR solution can better prepare your lab for the future!
ETOR Benefits for Public Health
- Save time using a single connection to receive test orders and send results.
- Enhance communication, coordination, and data sharing between labs and public health stakeholders.
- Reduce manual processes, increase efficiency, and improve data quality & reliability.
- Support key CDC objectives of detecting, preventing, and responding to vector-borne disease cases and outbreaks.
Key ETOR Features
There are a broad range of vendors and capabilities to consider when procuring an ETOR solution. Consider these key features when evaluating your options:
- Customizable Test Requisition Forms
- LIMS System Integration
- Workflow Tracking and Epidemiologist Access
- CLIA / HIPPA Compliance
- Security and Privacy Controls
- Data Visualization
- EMR and Other Health System Integrations
- Patient-Facing Portal
If you chose to take advantage of Lab Web Portal for COVID-19, visit the
Lab Web Portal to learn more about the benefits of upgrading to a full subscription.