Identifying High-Priority Diagnostic Approaches for Advancing Hepatitis C Elimination in the US
Broadcast in October 2021, this consultation was brought to you by APHL in coordination with the CDC's Division of Viral Hepatitis (DVH).
This meeting was designed to examine and identify the highest-priority diagnostic tools needed to advance hepatitis C elimination in the United States over the next five years. Recordings and presentations are available below.
As an outcome of the meeting, APHL has published a draft report which is being made public for a six-week comment period (May 31-July 12, 2022). Once the comment period closes APHL will review the submitted comments and update the document as needed to ensure the meeting report is accurate. General comments will be reviewed and shared with CDC's DVH for their awareness. Please review the meeting summary report (draft) and submit comments (using button below) to APHL by July 12, 2022. When submitting your comments please reference page numbers and line numbers so that we can ensure we are addressing the correct items. The final meeting report will be posted no later than September 2022.
Meeting Summary Report (Draft)
The topics are listed below and those presentations with links have been authorized to be posted on this website. Duplication is not authorized without the express written permission of the authors.
Day 1 │ October 19, 2021
Welcome from NCHHSTP Director
Jonathan "Jono" Mermin, MD, MPH, CDC
Moderator: Michael P. Busch, MD, PhD, Vitalant Research Institute, University of California—San Fransisco
Presenter: Joseph D. Yao, MD, Mayo Clinic, Mayo Clinic Laboratories
- Lesley Miller, MD, Grady Liver Clinic, Emory University
- Monica Parker, PhD, Wadsworth Center, NY State Department of Health
- Liisa Randall, PhD, Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Moderator: Tanya Applegate, PhD, Kirby Institute
Presenter: Stacey Trooskin, MD PhD, Philadelphia FIGHT Community Health Centers
- William Meyer III, PhD, D(ABMM), MLS(ASCP)CM, Quest Diagnostics
- Arthur Kim, MD, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Biz McChesney, Iowa Department of Public Health
Day 2 │ October 20, 2021
- Moderator: Judith Feinberg, MD, West Virginia University
Presenter: Kimberly Page, PhD, MPH, MS, University of New Mexico
- Colleen Flanigan, RN, MS, New York State Department of Health
- Marty Soehnlen, PhD, MPH, PHLD(ABB), Michigan Public Health Laboratory
- Lynn E. Taylor, MD, CODAC Behavioral Health, University of Rhode Island
Moderator: John Ward, MD, Task Force for Global Health
Presenter: Raymond Chung, MD, Mass General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- Marc Ghany, MD, MHSc, National Institutes of Health
- Jorge Mera, MD, Cherokee Nation Health Services
- Benjamin Pinsky, MD, PhD, Stanford University School of Medicine