This award is given to an APHL member (individual or laboratory staff) that makes or has made significant contributions to the technical advancement of public health laboratory science and/or practice. A potential candidate may have:
- Developed and/or implemented a new program
- Developed new laboratory methods
- Conducted innovative research
- Developed best technical practices
- Developed partnerships with the public and/or private sector
that resulted in significantly improved technology for application in public health, environmental or agricultural laboratories. Additional considerations include whether the candidate is considered an expert in their field, published in peer review journals, served on national committees, etc.
The above are examples to help the nominators frame their response and are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of potential attributes that describe the successful nominee for this category. Formal recognition for this award will take place at the
APHL Annual Conference.